Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 6


     In week 6 (Monday May 6th to Sunday May 12th 2013) we have seen how technology tools can enhance learning, especially when you teach large classes. In fact, teaching large classes is among the adverse circumstances one can encounter. The documents propose techniques or any other ways to deal with these circumstances for our professional success.

     The point I like best is the techniques used to improve in-class discussions. Many students don't participate in the classroom for different reasons. Asking the whole class to have an online discussion might help integrate those students since they feel themselves more relaxed and more confident. Besides, the teacher can gain much time since he/she does not need to wait the next session to interact with them. 
     Another important tool that many teachers neglect is  PowerPoint which is a very powerful suite, used not only for straightforward presentations but it also to create website mockups, and even interactive learning tools. Each one of us has created and posted his interactive PowerPoint on wiki.

     We were asked to begin to implement our technology-related change this week. I have helped my students to create their own blog. It was fantastic to get the students in a computer room. They were very excited and everybody wanted to do something. For this week, I have just helped them create a blog.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     I really loved this moment I have spent with my students in the computer room.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Elias,

    I would like to commend your posting of some photos that showed your implementation of the technology tool. Creating blogs is an excellent choice for improving your students' writing and communicative skills. Blogs allow students to work on their own pace, reflect on their learning and express their own viewpoints and beliefs.

    Well done.

    Best,

    Dareen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dareen,

    Thank you. You're right blogs are useful tools that teachers can use to enhance learner participation. It helps sometimes integrates all the students.

    Regards,

    Elias

    ReplyDelete